Thursday, October 23, 2008

One down...

I may have faked some of you out on my last posting when I said my chemo starts on the 22nd. Well, I was wrong... It actually started today, the 23rd, as if one day makes any difference. The bottom line is that I went in today and was given my first of many doses of chemo. I'm not yet sure how many doses I will have because the doctor is not sure how my body will respond. It's probable that I will receive the treatments through the end of the year. 


Overall, I'm continuing to recover from the illness and I'm really feeling well. All of my blood tests are normal and indicate that my organs are all working well. The last few days I've been feeling a little lower back pain and mentioned it to the doctor today.  Just for precaution he is going to set up another MRI for me just to check things out. He really wasn't too concerned about it though. 

Thank you all for your prayers over the last few weeks as we prepared to face the start of the chemo treatments. We are so blessed to have all of you encouraging and praying for us through this illness. Our prayer through this time in our lives continues to be focused on how God will use our story to encourage others. We pray that He is glorified and made famous by the work He is doing in our lives. How blessed we are to have a Savior who loves us and provides all that we need, including the perfect plan for our lives!

Blessings,
Russ and Robyn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Russ, you got extra prayer yesterday since I/we thought you started chemo. :) I will continue to pray for you through these chemo treatments. BTW - your story not only will be used to encourage others, but it has already in so many ways. I could tell you various stories. Thank you for blessing me and others. Love & Prayers, Ruthann

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Russ, Robyn & Cody! :)

Just want you to know we continue to pray for you! May the Lord give you the strength and grace to make it through each chemo treatment!

Hugs,
The Dodds in PNG

Anonymous said...

yo! praying for you guys today! love you tons......

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that we are regularly praying for you and your family. We love you guys so much, and are excited to see how you give God such great glory during good and calamity. We are praying for you today and would love to know how we can help you out with daily needs or desires.

Anonymous said...

But we can't help very much when I forget to sign our names...oops. Please please call Nicole and Tim B. for anything at all. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, whatever. We even do windows!