Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My point exactly...

Did you happen to read the comments on our last post? If not, I recommend you go to the last post, scroll down to the end of it and click on "comments". Lori, we love your comments too, but I want to point out something from Laurel and Kim's comments. As I mentioned at the end of that blog posting, God is working through our situation to touch the lives of others. In Laurel's case, I've never met her and have no direct connection with her but she and her family are reading our postings and being touched through our battle against cancer. As for Kim, I worked with him and the rest of the guys at Upland Fire and haven't kept in touch with them since I left in 1994. The guys have been following the blogs because they were alerted to my illness just after I was diagnosed.  Laurel, Kim and Lori, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. 

Can you see how God is using this "bend in our road" to bless others and to bring glory to Himself? That's what we see from our perspective and we have to keep leaning on that faith to make it through this. Every comment, email, letter and phone call, (including yours Lori!), is received with great appreciation and is more inspiring to us than we can ever describe. 
Will you join us in prayer over the next couple of days as I return to the Oncologist and Surgeon to get updates on my progress and to have my final drain tube removed? Also, please continue to pray for God's direction on employment for me, as well as our finances. And finally, (but not least...), please pray for Robyn and the entire staff at Surrey Garden Christian School as they prepare for the beginning of school next week. Their is no shortage of work to be done and the clock is ticking but, by His grace, the kids will return to school to be greeted by cheerful and loving teachers and staff!

To Him be the glory!
Russ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read that you are doing well. Thanks for your faithfulness in keeping us posted.

--Jeff

Anonymous said...

Noone can wake you up with skill such as mine!!! Now if only you'd watch ONCE....