Sunday, September 7, 2008

A very long week...

You're all probably wondering "when is that guy going update his blog?" Well, I have to tell you it's been a very long week and a half for me and I just haven't had the energy to belly up to the computer and sign on... Thankfully, the radiation treatments are over and I've lived to tell about it. Although, at times I didn't know if I would live or not... The last three days of radiation were coupled with a dose of chemo each day and by end of those treatments I was in bad shape. I spent the next 5 days curled up in a ball either on the couch or in bed. But, here's the good news! I began to feel better on Wednesday of last week and now I feel great! I'm actually feeling like I'm getting back to my "pre-surgery" self. 


I have about two more weeks of recovery before I'll need to make a decision on the next round of chemo therapy. I'm still sitting on the fence on that decision but hope to get a few more details from the Oncologist on the 16th of September. If you don't mind, please continue to pray for us and that decision. 

Aside from my health, things for us are getting back to normal. I've been working for about a month now at Cornerstone Christian Fellowship in Chandler and I'm so thankful for God placing me in such a great and caring environment! The position seems to be a perfect fit for me and I'm enjoying interacting with people again. Robyn and the kids are all doing well also and continue to lift my spirits and keep me humble.

Speaking of lifted spirits and humility, we want to continue to thank all of you who have been praying for us and sending us such kind and encouraging words through your cards and emails. We are so blessed to have so many of you walking this path with us and we do appreciate every single one of you. At some point, we hope to be taken off your prayer list because there are so many in need, but for now, please continue to pray that God will be glorified through this event in our lives!

Blessings to you all,
Russ and Robyn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Russ! Great to hear from you again. I so happy that you are doing better. We are still praying for you and know that you and your family are going to come through this 100%.

Cheers,
Laurel
Gainesville, Florida

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better Russ! Just say the word and we will hit the lake for a few hours. That will really make you feel better! Love to the Bishops! Lori G.

Anonymous said...

It is so encouraging and comforting to know that you are feeling better, and to hear that you are regaining your strength. I too am glad that you are working for Cornerstone; it’s nice to see you every day. May you and Robyn continue to feel God’s presence every moment of your day.

Anonymous said...

Russ and Robyn,
I'm not a blogger so I don't know all the "rules." This may not be the best way to communicate this, but I'm friends with your friends Barb and Ken Moulton.

Barb is very ill in the hospital in Lexington, KY. She is in ICU. I just felt led to ask you all to pray in case you didn't know.

If you can't get in touch with Ken, please feel free to email me at brenda@bereabaptistonline.com.

I'm so glad you are doing better. Barb is the one who shared your story with me and asked me to pray for you. She is always more concerned about others above herself. Please, please pray for her and Ken.

Anonymous said...

Russ with a capital WU.. glad your feeling better. Always praying for you! And always waking you up with the sweet sweet sound of the phone . Even at 1am in another state. Its a gift I have. Really it is! Love you!