Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Still waiting...

          We've received several emails and a couple of comments on the blog asking about the scan results today. Unfortunately, we don't have any results yet. This morning I went in for a PT scan, (also known as a "PET" scan), and despite being uncomfortable during the scan and for several hours after, it went well. The only problem is we now have to wait until Thursday morning for the results. I have an appointment with my surgeon that morning and he'll go over the results then. Our main concern right now is the pain that I'm feeling in my abdomen. It seems to be in more than one place and continues to worsen over time.

          Thank you all for your continued prayer and encouragement throughout this whole ordeal. By the way, I think I fixed the problem on the blog so comments can now be left without any problems.

Blessings,
Russ and Robyn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for patience, for healing, for your family needs, and that God be glorified in all of this. Call us if you need ANYTHING.

Don and Debbie Carpenter

Anonymous said...

I love you guys. Praying for you. Lori G.

Anonymous said...

Russ and beautiful family....I learned of your situation from a friend of mine....Please know..although you do not know me....You are in my prayers... Your beautiful words of strength and faith are so inspiring to me as well as all who read them I am sure. God gives us so much strength...to make it through the impossible....I will keep up with you and family by your blog and through our connection as Christians and faithful prayer warriors. Hang in there Rusty. I hear you are an amazing man, father and husband. Love to your family from my heart.

Anonymous said...

Russ,

I have so enjoyed working with you in the short time that I did. You are a wonderful person and have shown God's light through everything that you did and everything that you are. Thank you for being his workmanship. I am grateful I got to know you. I am so glad I sat with you the last staff meeting in the prayer group I attended with you. May God hold you in the shadow of his wing. My prayers to the whole family.

Adriana Johnson

Anonymous said...

You all are in our prayers and thoughts. It is amazing how God can use you even in the most difficult times like yours.
Meredith Dekker