Sunday, August 24, 2008

Running the race.......

Our family has enjoyed watching the olympics this summer. We would pick our favorite athletes as we watched in our family room cheering them on as if they could actually hear us encouraging them to run faster, dive straighter, spike better...come on you can do it!  


I want you to know we hear your cheers, feel your love and treasure the prayers. We could not run this race without our Heavenly Father and all of you! 

The last 2 weeks have been hard on Russ.  The daily radiation treatments have robbed him of all energy.  He has a hard time describing how he feels. Sometimes he says it feels like his internal organs are burning and at times he feels nauseated and totally drained. The good news is that after Thursday the radiation treatments will be done.  Russ has 4 more days of radiation treatments with chemo accompanying the last 3 days. Please pray for my dear sweet husband as the combination of the 2 treatments will make it a very rough week.  Then Russ will have 2 glorious weeks of no treatments! Around mid-September he will start his 6 months of chemotherapy.

Russ loves sharing with you on his blog and he just wants you to know he will be back.

Blessings to you all...and thank-you so very much!
Robyn 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Russ, Robyn and family,
You continue to be in my prayers and thoughts. I feel helpless in how to express my gratitude to you for being willing to honestly share your journey with the rest of us who may never know the pain that you are going through experientially, but want to do everything we can to make it easier for you.
May God's Arms wrapped tight around you, uphold you even today.
Hugs,
Marj Pals

Anonymous said...

Russ & Robyn:

I am crying and my heart is bursting with compassion for you and what you are going through. Sometimes the road is very rough indeed, and even the next step is almost impossible to complete. I understand and am right there in step with you knowing how difficult this time is. Just keep trusting and leaning deeply into our Savior Jesus Christ - for He will lift you up and carry you when it is too difficult to take the next step. One step at a time and somehow you will find that you have survived another stretch of road not understanding how, but none the less realizing God has carried you through another rough patch. I love you guys and continually pray for you each and every morning. No - we don't know the immediate future but we know the end result and endure here for what seems like a very lengthy time but in light of eternity is but a moment.

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal"

II Corinthians 4:17-18

May God bless you richly with His presence in your life and through these times.

Pam Hester

Anonymous said...

As I read this new update, my heart aches, as I can hardly imagine the pain and anguish that you are experiencing now. When you feel that you are all alone, may the Holy Spirit remind you that He promises to never leave us nor forsake us. May you also feel the love that radiates from your friends, who love you dearly. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Russ and family,

My name is Mary and I live in Colorado Springs. I have a view of Pikes Peak out my window, and I have Ovarian cancer. I know about that mountain you are climbing. On August 15th 2007 I climbed Pikes Peak. On Sept 20th 2007 I was diagnosed with ovarian and a 15% chance of servival. With God in hand we went through sergery and a very aggresive chemo. I was up most every night also and I made it my quiet time with God. I finished chemo in Feb2008 and have a 65% chance of servival. For my one year anniversary, I am going to climb Pikes Peak again.I'll be bringing you with me. Your going to make it through. Don't let the devil put doubt in your mind. Expect a miracle. I'll be praying for you. My favorit verse. "Be still and know that I am God"
Gods peace.
mary
Friend of MaryJane Kenney